If you think about all the work needed to restore your teeth, you might think your situation is hopeless. There’s too much to be done, so why bother? Because you deserve a winning smile, that’s why. And with our full-mouth reconstructions, you can get all of the problems fixed.
What Is A Full-Mouth Reconstruction?
If your house has multiple problems such as a leaky roof, a cracked driveway, and an electric outlet that doesn’t work anymore, you create a plan to fix the problems. The roof is likely most important, so you start with that. Then you fix the outlet, and finally the driveway. When finished, you have a great house again. That’s what a full-mouth reconstruction does. It’s a plan to restore the function of your teeth. We find the problems and then work together to decide how best to fix them. When finished, you have a winning smile again.Dr. McDonald on Full Mouth Reconstruction
What’s Usually Included In A Full-Mouth Reconstruction?
Any treatment or procedure that restores your teeth can be included in a full-mouth reconstruction. While it’s impossible to list exactly what yours would include before Dr. McDonald has had the chance to examine your mouth, they usually include:
- Composite fillings or dental crowns to repair damaged or decayed teeth.
- Dental bridges or mini implants to replace missing teeth.
- Dentures (with or without implants) to replace a full arch of teeth.
- Root canal therapy to remove infections from teeth.
- Dental veneers to seal damaged areas.
When Are Mini Dental Implants Used Instead Of Regular Ones?
One of the best ways you can replace missing teeth is with dental implants. These use a titanium root implanted in your jawbone to hold onto a natural-looking replacement tooth. However, not every tooth can be replaced this way. Sometimes, the space is too small. Other times, the bone underneath is too thin or weak. In these cases, you can get a mini dental implant. Mini implants use a titanium root and replacement tooth as with regular implants, but the root itself is much thinner. This means it can be placed where a traditional implant cannot.
What Kind Of Dentures Can I Get?
When you are missing lots of teeth, dentures can be a great way to replace them. At our Alma, MI dental office, you can get several kinds of dentures depending on your specific needs.
- If you are missing several teeth in a row but still have some natural teeth, partial dentures work great. Partials are made of several replacement teeth set in a gum-colored base. They use clasps to hold onto your existing teeth for extra stability.
- If you are missing a full arch of teeth, full dentures can get your smile back. They use a special adhesive and the precise shape and fit of the gum-colored base to rest comfortably but securely on your gums.
- Because full dentures can sometimes move around while you eat, you can use mini dental implants to hold onto full dentures. This makes sure they stay put.
If you think your teeth are too damaged to repair, think again. Full-mouth reconstructions can help restore all your teeth and get you that winning smile. Call us today at 989-796-4848 or fill out our online form if you’re ready to schedule an appointment or have any questions.